Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Argos is weird.

First off, just a note: we don't have a net connection in the new house, so I'm updating from my phone. Fun!

Monday night, Michael and I went to Argos to get some inflatable furniture to hold us over until we got a couch. I was expecting something like a Wal*Mart but more warehouse-y. I was looking forward to browsing some aisles. Argos is NOTHING like that.

You go in, look through the catalog, check to see if the item is in stock on a little keypad thing, pay either with a cashier or a kiosk, and wait for your items to be pulled. It was the strangest shopping experience I've ever had, as I am a browser when I shop. We got what we needed, plus a couple of floor lamps, so it was successful, if a bit boring.

That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment